Before the Hunt
10 EASY STEPS TO PREPARE YOUR HUNT
- It is very important to note whether it will be a Rifle or Bow hunt This will determane the season when the hunt can take place.
- Insure your passport is valid for at least 6 months after your expected return date.
- Please insure that your passport(s) is valid. NB! - YOUR PASSPORT MUST HAVE AT LEAST 2 BLANK PAGES FOR YOUR VISA STAMPS. It is required that you to have a front and back page blank that is titled Visa.
- For your own safety, please make a copy of your passport and keep it separately from your passport.
4. REQUIRED DOCUMENTS
Submit your online forms and other required documents such as :
- Indemnity Form
- Invetation Letter
- FireArm permits - Importation permits. You will need to go to a US Customs Office to receive a CUSTOMS FORM 4457 export permit, to be completed by the hunter BEFORE going on the trip - NOT on the day of departure. Customs Service has offices at any large international airport.
6. RETURN FLIGHT TICKETS to your country of origin, or a copy of your itinerary
- The .30 calibre range is recommended to cover a wide range of game Hunting.
- The .375 is recommended for the Great 7, which is also a great all-round hunting rifle if you don't want to carry more than one rifle on safari.
- The .270 to a 30.06 should be good for large antelope.
- The .222 to a .243 are recommended for small antelope.
- Please bring between 40 - 60 rounds of ammunition per rifle.
- Ensure that your gun is packed in a crash resistant plastic or metal case that locks. To ensure 100% compliance, confirm with your airline for their policies on guns and ammunition.
- By law a maximum of 2 rifles are allowed per person (not 2 of the same caliber).
- Pistols and revolvers must be specified for hunting.
- A maximum of 200 rounds are allowed into South-Africa, although airlines restrict how much you may carry by weight.
- Most .30 caliber bullets are easily available in SA.
8. We highly recommend that you make use of a customs representative to ensure that all the paperwork is sorted out before arrival.
9. A Unico Safaris representative will meet you at O.R. Thambo airport upon arrival, to guide you through the Rifle registering proccess and take you to the Camp - a 3 1/2 hour non- stop trip